If you’re like the millions of other Minecraft players who have grown bored with the traditional melee and ranged combat methods, then you’ll be happy to hear about Dr. Cyano’s Wonderful Wands and Wizarding Robes mod, which adds a slew of new armor and wand items to the game. While the robes are more or less the same regardless of what color you dye them, the wands are what this mod is all about, and they offer a horde of different useful effects. They aren’t all about doing damage, but the ones that are aggressive give players access to fireballs, lightning bolts, and other destructive forces.
Robes are made from blocks of wool and gold ingots, and they don’t really do anything more than protect you. They take enchantments well, and they’re also pretty durable, but the armor rating is relatively low. Hats, on the other hand, are far more useful, because they will take a random potion effect when you put them on and hold onto it permanently, allowing you to get the effect again any time you wear the hat. Look for the website for Dr. Cyano’s Wonderful Wands and Wizarding Robes mod if you want to know more about the different types of wands – more are being added periodically.
Dr. Cyano’s Wonderful Wands and Wizarding Robes Mod Showcase by Manic Miners
Dr. Cyano’s Wonderful Wands and Wizarding Robes Mod Update Logs
- Updated to MC Forge 1.13
- Added the Wand of Illusions
- Fixed bug in light wisp entities
- Increased AoE damage for wands of fire, lightning, and death
- Made the Wand of Storms non-random (except when pointed at the sky)
- Modified version name to make it a little more clear that version 1.13 is for Minecraft 1.11.2 and not for Minecraft 1.9.4
Installing Guide for Dr. Cyano’s Wonderful Wands and Wizarding Robes Mod
- Make sure you have installed a version of Forge.
- Download the mod and put the .jar file in the following location:
%appdata%\.minecraft\modsfor Windows users
~/.minecraft/modsfor Linux users
~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/modsfor Mac OS X users