If there was one thing that the game of Minecraft DID NOT need more of it would without a doubt be mutant and downright overpowered mobs. Unfortunately, that is exactly what thehippomaster21 created in his ever-popular Mutant Creatures mod 1.13/1.12.2. Featuring four-armed Endermen that summon duplicate images; unholy Skeletons that jump into the air and shoot volleys of poison, exhaustion and slowness arrows; hulking Zombies that cause earthquakes; and grotesque Creepers that create explosions whenever they land, the Mutant Creatures mod is Minecraft hell incarnate.
While the Mutant Creatures mod is certainly a mad crafter’s nightmare come true, its ingenuity and soundness as a mod cannot be overlooked.
The entire mod revolves around a new element called Chemical X.
Sugar… spice … and Chemical X! … wait WHAT?
Four obsidian blocks and 1 water bottle to make a sinister concoction.
Throwing Chemical X on the ground or on an entity creates a skull spirit that will have a 50% chance of infecting a nearby mob and mutating it to its respective mutant (if not it will kill the mob). Creator thehippomaster21 does a great job designing these mutants, which are larger, stronger and harder to kill, and also appropriately sets their powers, special abilities, and basic attributes.
A prime example of this is the mutant Enderman, which follows the general vibe and nature of Mojang’s standard Enderman, but also expands on its strengths and mob behavior to formulate new abilities and loot drops. The abilities of the mutant Enderman primarily involve teleportation and scream abilities, the latter of which is taken from the screaming noises and mouth-agape animation of a typical enraged Enderman.
Defeating the mutant Enderman drops Soul Fragments, which fit in well with the eerie and mysterious nature of the mob.
In addition, these soul fragments can be crafted to form Endersoul hands which allow the player to pick up and hurl blocks at entities similar to the Enderman.
The rest of the Mutant Creatures such as the mutant Creeper, Zombie, and Skeleton all have tweaks in their appearance, modes of attack and loot drops that are both creative and attuned to the nature and design of these mobs as per Mojang. The mod even features an ally Mutant Snow Golem that helps you fight enemy mobs and a Spider Pig that can be tamed through the use of a creeper minion, obtained by hatching a creeper egg, a loot drop from defeated Mutant Creepers.
The Mutant Creatures mod adds another level of challenging mob bosses to fight and also introduces useful tools, items or even minions as rewards for successfully defeating these mutants. While it may induce stress, panic and a whole lot of trouble, it is definitely an interesting mod that is worth installing.
Mutant Creatures Mod Update Logs
- Fixed mutant enderman crashing when picking up blocks.
- Increased mutant skeleton’s health to 80 hearts.
- Slightly increased mutant skeleton’s attack damage.
- Fixed creeper minion still griefing even with “Destroy Blocks” set as OFF.
- Added spider pig.
- 25 hearts.
- Can climb walls.
- Unaffected by poison.
- Not slowed down by webs.
- Transforms any killed pigs and spiders into spider pigs.
- Can trap enemies in spider webs.
- Deal 2 more hearts of damage to enemies trapped in webs.
- Tameable: becomes tamed to a player whose creeper minion is killed by the spider pig (while it has 4 hearts or less).
- Tamed ridden spider pigs can use a charge attack when the player jumps.
- Can be healed 2-4 hearts by feeding porkchops or spider eyes.
Mutant Creatures Mod 1.13/1.12.2 Setup
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button you need to see now the mod is put in.