Ding Mod adds only one feature to the game. It is a client-side Minecraft mod that plays a configurable sound when Minecraft loads and reaches the Main Menu, or when the world loads when you connect to a server. This mod is called Ding because that’s the sound that plays when you pick up an XP orb. It does not require iChunUtil.
Ding Mod unlike many other mods, it doesn’t comes with new blocks, items, textures, armors, weapons, mobs or other additions. When Minecraft is loaded and ready to play, this mod will cause a loud “Ding” noise to play and signal the fact the game is ready. This is what I call a very small unique mod as it offers a pretty simple feature while other mods usually add tons of brand new functionalities to the game, making it longer to load and slower. Knowing when your world is finished loading can be really useful and beneficial, especially when you encounter slow load times.
Ding Mod Setup
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.