Dual Hotbars Mod gives you a 18 slot hot bar. If you’ve ever been in a situation where you’ve simply run out of tool space in your hotbar, then this mod may be a great asset to you. It’s incredibly simple but the uses far outweigh its simplicity. By default this is rendered as two rows of 9, but can be changed in the config to be 1 row of 18. The upper slot is taken from your top row of inventory items. There are 3 ways to select an item in the 9 new slots:
- Scroll the mouse wheel.
- Double tap the number key for the slot below it (i.e. double tap ‘1’ for 10th slot).
- Hold a modifier key while pressing the number key (ctrl by default)
Dual Hotbars provides two options to choose from. You can either have your hotbar to be a little more compact by putting one on top of the other. Or you can spread the hotbar across your screen to be longer but will take up less screen real estate.
Maybe you’re now wondering how you can access the spaces in the hotbar if your keyboard only goes up to 9? Well you double tap the number or use a combination such as CTRL + desired number. Of course you can also continue to use the scroll wheel on your mouse to cycle through items.
Dual Hotbars Mod Setup
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.