Forestry Mod is a popular mod that deals with farming, renewable energy production as well as the breeding of trees, bees and butterflies in Minecraft. It adds a bunch of interesting and useful features, like, for example, automatic farms, bee and tree beeding, butterflies, intelligent backpacks, a mail system, and energy production.
This mod was created by SirSengir, because farming trees was a thing he hated to do in Minecraft. Using BuildCraft he found himself building quite a few tree farms to get enough charcoal for his steam engines. Even if he used TehKrush’s “Timber!”, he was bored with farming trees everyday. He searched a lot to find a simple way to automate tree farming and save some time to truly enjoy the game, but with no success.
Forestry Mod Setup
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.