Level Up Mod currently adds more than 12 brand new skills to Minecraft, which you can increase using skill points gained from leveling up. You get 3 per level up. The skills are: mining, swords, defense, woodcutting, smelting, archery, athletics, cooking, stealth, farming, fishing, and digging. When the author of this mod found out that the experience and leveling coming in Minecraft version 1.17.1 would not have a use until later, he was really disappointed.
Level Up is such an amazing mod. All skills are currently capped at 50, and the player’s level is capped at 100. Upon death, you retain your skills, but will not get any skill points until you level up past the last largest level that you had died on. This mod displays what level you are on in the GUI (between health and hunger), as well as your number of skill points if you have any. This mod only works in survival mode in single player. That means it will not work on multiplayer servers but also in creative mode.
Level Up Mod Setup
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.