More Overlays Mod is a simple mod that delivers useful functions to make building in Minecraft a lot more efficient. What it does is provide an overlay that provides the vital information you can use as a guide. One of the most important details that you get from the mod is the chunk boundaries. Even the most experienced of players can still get confused as to how far a chunk reaches or stretches out. A chunk in Minecraft lingo is basically a unit of measurement. A chunk is 16 blocks long, 16 blocks wide and 256 blocks high. That is over 60 thousand blocks. The overlay shows you the boundaries so you do not have to guess or worse, count.
More Overlays Mod also displays the light level of the blocks in the structure you are building. Anyone who plays Minecraft understands the importance of having sufficient light level on a block. If the block is used for agriculture, plants would have different lighting conditions for them to grow. If the block is used for building a structure, then you would want to make sure that it has enough light to prevent hostile mobs from spawning. These mobs do not just cause damage to you but can also cause damage to the building.
More Overlays Mod Setup
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.