OfflineSkins Mod lets you display your Minecraft skins even in servers running in offline mode. In the sandbox video game Minecraft, a default skin is randomly assigned to your character depending on your account ID. You are given either a Steveor an Alex skin by default, but you can change this by loading a custom skin. Minecraft has a dedicated skins server that loads the custom skins of all online players in online mode. When the server is down, you’ll see players running around wearing the default skin.
Your default skin is the same skin that other players will see when you connect to an offline server. However, using this mod will allow you to use your custom skin even when the server is offline. Running a server in offline mode is legal. It’s not considered piracy since Minecraft deliberately included a line of code allowing players to run the game offline. However, because there’s no reliable user authentication in offline servers, there’s a higher chance of your account being hacked.
How to Install OfflineSkins Mod
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.