Road Mod is an amazing way to make proper roads and sidewalks in Minecraft like in real life. This mod allow you to add a lot of stuff like signs, barriers, traffic lights and even speed bumps. The main blocks added by the Road Mod are the asphalt blocks. In fact, they are shorter than default Minecraft block height, this is why they look more realistic than standard stone often used to make in-game roads.
Thanks to the shorter height of asphalt blocks, you can easily create curbs and sidewalks for a way more realistic look. Sidewalks are similar to stone blocks but not quite the same. They are also standard height blocks. And curbs are simply attached to asphalt but are their own blocks. This Minecraft Roads Mod does not add any cars for the moment but you can find other cool mods than will provide all the necessary stuff to build and drive vehicles like the Flan’s Mod or the Vehicular Movement Mod.
Road Mod Setup
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.