Ruins Mod is a structure spawning system mod that makes the gameplay more interesting by systematically spawning structures all over the world. Various types of structures now appear in the game the same way as strongholds and villages do. These additional structures spawn when specific conditions are met and they follow a pre-set template. With this mod installed, you can expect to see ruins spawning in almost all types of biomes, even those located underwater. But what makes these additional structures so great is that they come with treasures you can loot and mobs you can fight for item drops.
Ruins Mod implements 2 additional structures which include a Treehouse. The Treehouse is a cleverly designed multi-level structure that has a hollow trunk. It contains chests that contain some useful items but will require some skill in order to reach them. For example, one of the chests is found beneath a gravel pillar. Right above it are some glass blocks with lava source. If you rush to get the chest without strategizing, you might set the tree on fire. This would be a waste as the structure can serve as a shelter if explored and set up properly.
Ruins Mod Setup
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.