Sound Filters Mod is a mod that improves the default sounds of the game. You may have experienced how frustrating the simple sounds of vanilla can be. Since it does not change much, you have probably made some mistakes in the game due to the sounds that did not have much detail. For example, you might have ended up running away from the sound of a mob underneath you and going straight into another more dangerous enemy. This is because vanilla does not deliver the sounds so that you can distinguish where they are coming from.
Sound Filter Mod implements useful sound features that are pretty handy to have in the game. For example, if you were walking in a cave, you can now tell if the mob close by is in the cave, as well, or perhaps above you. You will not end up fleeing when there is absolutely nothing to run from. It implements realistic sound effects. So when the sound is coming from the other side of the wall, it will be silenced because of the solid mass between you and whatever is making the sound. You will also notice other features such as reverberations and sound absorption.
How to Install Sound Filters Mod
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.