Xaero96 has brought us the Special Attacks mod, which allows for swords, axes, bows, and even some non-weapon “weapons” to be charged with unique special attacks or enchanted with passive effects that can help the player in some way. To date, this mod is one of the best ways to dress up combat in Minecraft, which can admittedly become boring rather quickly thanks to its inherent simplicity – swing a sword, shoot an arrow, repeat. This mod gets some severe inspiration from RuneScape, which features a slew of unique special attacks which can be used with different weapon types, just like here.
To get the most out of the Special Attacks mod, you’ll need to understand how it works. First, you must mine up some energy crystals, which can be collected with any pickaxe and then refined into liquid energy or used to enchant weapons. Any vanilla Minecraft weapon can be enchanted at a crafting table by putting a crystal on all four sides and the liquid can be used to brew energy potions for quick restoration of this vital new stat. To activate a special attack, first, charge up your weapon, then quickly left click, right click, left click, in that order. This mod does indeed diversify combat.
- Ability to charge any vanilla Minecraft weapons to give them special attacks.
- Specials attacks/effects for all charged weapons.
- Special energy bar above your hunger bar whenever a charged weapon is in your hotbar.
- 2 categories of special attacks: special attacks and special effects.
How to Install Special Attacks Mod
- Make sure you have installed a version of Forge.
- Download the mod and put the .jar file in the following location:
%appdata%\.minecraft\modsfor Windows users
~/.minecraft/modsfor Linux users
~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/modsfor Mac OS X users