Xaero96 has brought us the Special Attacks mod, which allows for swords, axes, bows and even some non-weapon “weapons” to be charged with unique special attacks, or enchanted with passive effects which can help the player in some way. To date, this mod is one of the best ways to dress up combat in Minecraft, which can admittedly become boring rather quickly thanks to its inherent simplicity – swing a sword, shoot an arrow, repeat. This mod gets some serious inspiration from RuneScape, which features a slew of unique special attacks which can be used with different weapon types just like here.
To get the most out of the Special Attacks mod, you’ll need to understand how it works. First, you must mine up some crystals of energy, which can be collected with any type of pickaxe and then refined into liquid energy or used to enchant weapons. Any vanilla Minecraft weapon can be enchanted at a crafting table by putting a crystal on all four sides and the liquid can be used to brew energy potions for quick restoration of this vital new stat. To activate a special attack, first charge up your weapon, then quickly left click, right click, left click, in that order. This mod does indeed diversify combat.
Special Attacks Mod Showcase by PopularMMOs
Special Attacks 2 Mod Main Features
- Ability to charge any vanilla Minecraft weapons to give them special attacks.
- Specials attacks/effects for all charged weapons.
- Special energy bar above your hunger bar whenever there is a charged weapon in your hotbar.
- 2 categories of special attacks: special attacks and special effects.
Special Attacks Mod for Minecraft Update Logs
- Rebalanced usage of energy.
- Passive special attacks are now active with a 100% chance of execution.
- Buffs/nerfs for specs, previously known as passive, for rebalancing purposes.
- Energy bar will now be visible in creative mode. However, you only lose energy in survival.
- Bug fixes.
- Added 2 second resistance II effect to the diamond sword spec to prevent fall damage.
- Fixed energy restoration.
- Your zombie clone from stone sword spec will now attack all hostile mobs and players except you.
- Fixed controls menu crash.
- Fixed stone sword spec crash.
- Slightly changed energy ore texture.
Installing Guide for Special Attacks Mod
- Make sure you have installed a version of Forge.
- Download the mod and put the .jar file in the following location:
%appdata%\.minecraft\modsfor Windows users
~/.minecraft/modsfor Linux users
~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/modsfor Mac OS X users