Minecraft is a game that is inviting to players and designers who want to create game content for other people to enjoy. It’s an easy game to mod if you understand Java, but you can make a decent map using vanilla mechanics even if you don’t. The Mine is such a map, appearing on the surface to be nothing more than a standard adventure map with nothing special going for it. But awful things hide in the dark depths of the map’s caves, and there’s no way to go back to the surface except by moving forward if you’re playing by the rules.
That said, The Mine map is pretty scary sometimes. The ride only lasts about 45 minutes, maybe an hour, but you’ll jump a few times before it’s over. This map also comes with an included resource pack that emphasizes the fright factor and changes the appearance of several blocks to make the situation look more dire and dangerous. The Mine map is suitable for a couple of scares, but once you play through it once, there’s no replay value to it. Instead, if you like this map, look for The Miner map, which is the prequel by the same author.
How to Install The Mine Map
- Download the map; you must get a zip or RAR file with the map.
- Unzip the map file in the following location:
- %appdata%\.minecraft\saves for Windows users
- ~/.minecraft/saves for Linux users
- ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves for Mac OS X users
- Run the game and have fun!