The One Probe Mod, also known as TOP, is a more immersive update of the original WAIL mod. The pros of this new mod are that you won’t get to see the information tooltip all the time anymore, but only when you have the probe in your hand. But of course, you can fully customize the mod to show all the information just like WAIL does. The main goal of The One Probe Mod is to show all the information directly on the player’s screen.
The One Probe Mod itself is configured to show only basic information like the block’s name, the mod for the block, and the tool to use for harvesting the block. In addition, this mod will also show the amount of RF energy stored in the block, and if you are sneaking, it will also give a list of all items in the block if it is an inventory. Like I said before, One Probe is very configurable, so you can disable all the features mentioned above if they do not fit your playing style or modpack. It also comes with a very flexible API that other mods can use to add more information.
How to Install The One Probe Mod
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.