The Spice Of Life Mod is a mod that encourages dietary variety through diminishing returns. It deals with the overall hunger system in Minecraft. Essentially there is a hunger bar behind the health bar in the game, indicating hunger. You will require food immediately to stay alive whenever the hunger bar starts lowering. This is when this modification comes to action. Everything in this mod is entirely configurable (server-side), including the formula used to calculate the diminishing returns.
You’ll see what will happen when you hover over any food in your inventory. It will give you the number of times you need to eat it before diminishing returns have an effect. Most foods will need to be consumed twice a row to lose value. Once you’ve eaten 4 of the same food, you’ll see a nutritional value percentage. This will go down until the food is essential and useless to you. But if you add variety to your diet, the foods should maintain a healthy status.
How to Install The Spice Of Life Mod
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.