Wild Caves Mod greatly improves caves in vanilla Minecraft, by adding stalactites, stalagmites, vines, glowing mushrooms, icicles and more. All these features can be generate as long as you want when editing configuration files. You also can config light level for the mushrooms. This mod decorates caves to make them more interesting, and more realistic, for example mobs can get damaged when falling on stalagmites. Moreover, all features are different depending on the biome you are.
The Wild Caves Mod is based off greyjusticar’s mod which was based on Dilla’s mod. It is a complete rewrite, fully developed by Alexmania, but he’s using the same sprites plus some new ones he made. Remember this is a beta version, and the author is hoping to get some feedback and new ideas from this but he’ll be adding more content and fixing more bugs before he consider it ready for release.
Wild Caves Mod Setup
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.