The Too Many Items Mod 1.12.2 and 1.11.2 is one of the oldest inventory mods for Minecraft today. It’s also one of the most appealing in terms of inventory control and the features the mod offers, as compared to other inventory mods like Not Enough Items. Anyone who has ever tried Too Many Items can tell you it’s just like having access to the full list of Minecraft items, like what you get when you’re playing on Creative mode and you open up your inventory. You also get to pull spawn eggs and mob spawners from this specialized inventory, even if you’re playing on Hardcore mode.
TooManyItems Mod 1.12.2
The TooManyItems Mod is good for more than just editing your inventory and pulling items out of thin air in circumstances where you normally could not. You can also use this mod to create your own items as well as customize them with images, icons, colors and more. You can even access items you would never normally see, even if you were playing in Creative mode, and you might be surprised to see a handful of items the Minecraft team removed from the game but left in all of the data which makes Minecraft work.
While you can create, save, load and destroy inventories with a series of clicks, Too Many Items goes beyond your inventory window to do even more for you. With this mod, you can easily switch game modes with a click rather than inputting any commands in-game. You can also control time, setting it to any point throughout the day that you like, even freezing time, so the world stays bright or dark as you prefer. Too Many Items even lets you control the weather, allowing you to create rain and snow storms on a whim. While some of these features aren’t exactly useful, they’re still nice to have.
The latest release of the Too Many Items mod features a few upgrades over older versions, as might be expected. The best of the bunch is probably the “fuzzy search” as the mod’s author calls it. Now you don’t need to put in the exact name of an item to look it up – instead you just need to use an assortment of letters which appear in the item name. For instance, you can quickly pull up Redstone comparators in the Too Many Items inventory by searching for RCMP. This works for every block, item and tool in Minecraft.
- The new 1.12.2 and 1.11.2 items
- Enhanced enchantment, potion, and firework panels
- All-new custom items: colored leather, player heads, signs with text, filled flower pots, preselected note blocks
- New fuzzy search! You don’t have to type all the letters (e.g. RCMP for Redstone comparator)
- Press enter in the search box to spawn the top item! Get items quicker than ever
- Everything now fits in a sidebar; no more overlap with potion effects etc.
- Easier My Items (favorites) editing with helpful tooltips
- Rename save states
- Unlimited stacks is now a global setting, along with keep items on death, prevent rain and more
- Unlimited stacks refresh without ModLoader/Forge as long as you’ve opened the inventory
- Switch to spectator mode
- Improved multiplayer custom item spawning (still only if within chat length limit)
- Fixed some bugs, possibly added new ones
- Removed Herobrine spawner
Installing Guide for Too Many Items Mod
- Make sure you have installed a version of Forge.
- Download the mod and put the .jar file in the following location:
%appdata%\.minecraft\modsfor Windows users
~/.minecraft/modsfor Linux users
~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/modsfor Mac OS X users
- Run the game and have fun!