CaveBiomes Mod is a fantastic mod that makes caves more dynamic by making them more realistic and giving them their biomes. In other words, underground cave exploration will be way more interesting after installing this mod. Most caves will be full of stalactites and stalagmites, giving them a more authentic atmosphere. You’ll also find whole new worlds down random corridors. Blocks with vines are much more prevalent.
CaveBiomes Mod adds dungeon-like sub-types, which generate in small patches. Some of them mimic vanilla dungeons. Others contain rare blocks or exciting things. It’s been disabled in the release but hopefully will be added back in an update soon. Some subtypes are general and can spawn anywhere; others are cave-biome specific and only spawn in certain biomes or depths. Also, stalactites, stalagmites, lava crust, icicles, and roots are generated procedurally based on alpha masks. CaveBiomes will grab the stone texture from the pack when you install a resource pack and generate new stalactites to match! That’s awesome.
How to Install CaveBiomes Mod
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.