Soul Shards: The Old Ways Mod is a mod that allows you to create soul shards. These shards absorb the monsters you kill so you can place them in soul cages later. The shards can absorb the souls of most regular vanilla mobs except for the villagers and the boss mobs. With the souls absorbed, you can use these to spawn the mobs later in the game from the soul cages you create. The cages function the same way as spawners in Vanilla but with some basic differences.
Soul Shards: The Old Ways Mod allows you to create soul shards in two different ways. The first method is used in the Easy Mode. You use 8 Endstone, 4 Netherrack, and one glowstone to create a diamond-shaped structure. All you need to do is click the glowstone in the middle with a diamond, and the shard will be created. The second method is the one used in the default method. It is a bit more complicated as you will need to craft eight corrupted essences to be able to create the soul shard.
How to Install Soul Shards: The Old Ways Mod
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.