Wasteland Mod offers a new way to play Minecraft and is the perfect mod for all Fallout fans. You’ll need to create a new world for this, but it’s incredible. Some new building designs were taken and modified from the Huge Abandoned City map. You may come across an entire city abandoned and in ruins. It’s full of mobs and loot but also massive and terrifying. As with everywhere else in this mod, proceed with caution.
This mod is meant to make Minecraft survival much harder. You’ll start in an underground shelter, and once you step out, you’ll see just how barren everything has become. Just like in a real apocalypse, food and water are scarce. The surface is bare – no grass or flowers, and all trees are dead – there are no leaves. Also, be careful around radioactive pools of water. You’ll be poisoned for a few seconds, but the damage could add up, especially in a world with very little food to be found.
After some exploration, you should come across many desolate and abandoned villages and ruined houses. The environment is arid, no oceans or rivers, and unique (slow) zombies are spawning during the daytime. The Wasteland Mod also disables sleeping through the night, but don’t worry, and it’s all configurable!
How to Install Wasteland Mod
- Ensure you have already downloaded and installed the Minecraft Forge mod loader.
- Download the mod on this web page.
- Find the Minecraft directory folder (.minecraft).
- Place the mod file you downloaded; you will have only drop (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- While you launch Minecraft and click on the mods button, you need to see now the mod is put in.